- Develop scanner to efficiently sample Cassandra tiers and record features on column families
- Record feature counts to identify and label user data on a data discovery platform
- Support feature aggregation to enable a 10x increase in reach across data warehouse
- Test and help release version 4.2 of CDAP, a data application platform for building big data applications on top of a local, distributed, or cloud sandbox environment
- Add the ability to schedule data pipelines based on the status of other pipelines on CDAP
- Implement transactional recording of all program states on the platform using Apache Twill
This felt the most like a software engineering internship thus far. I was writing design documents and had full responsibility over my project and it was my responsibility to drive it to completion. Check out an in-depth explanation of my project and how I tackled it here.
- Support multiple financial record keeper integrations for a single user
- Encrypt and safely store confidential user information
- Represent user’s entitlements and role on website using bitwise logic
- Work with SQS, S3, and Lambda services to process, enroll, and encrypt users onto the platform.
Check out my thoughts on NextCapital here.
Cognitive Computation Group
Fall 2015 - Spring 2017
- Refactor the research demos on the website to improve performance and reliability
- Led a massive user interface design over the entire website
- Improve the content management system for website administrators
- Visualize research demos using d3.js
I worked under Professor Dan Roth as an independent researcher, specializing on web development. I had the opportunity to work with and learn from various PhD students doing work in natural language processing.
- Overhaul the website dashboard to display key test and control data for clients
- Improve page responsiveness and load speed for all mobile devices and browsers by 25%
- Create a content management system to update static content on the website without redeploying the application.
This was my very first internship. I learned React for the first time during my internship and applied it to create a new website dashboard. Check out what I learned here